Wednesday 16 May 2012

Bling It Up - Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge



Morning fellow crafters and bloggers :) Back again today with my DT card for Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge where this week our theme is 'Bling it Up'.  The winner of the challenge will win a $20 voucher to spend in the online store and as there are some GORGEOUS new release dies this week, this is a brilliant prize! :)

Now, I can definately say I was inspired by my sister when making this card! lol :D  We have a brilliant friendship and though we live 600 miles apart, its just about perfect! ;)  I know she would really appreciate this card too as I am guilty of cutting her fringe off when we were little whilst no one was looking! ;) I thought it looked much better lopped off, but mum had to drag her off to the hairdressers to get it finished! lol :D  Soz Sis!



I have had this funny Mo Manning 'StepSisters' image for ages, and this is the first time I have used it, but I think I grinned the whole time I was making this card, they have such funny cross faces! I hand-stitched MME Vanity Fair papers, and used just one corner die from a set of 3 in the new Lace Corner Deco H set and also used the new Mini Fanciful Flourish die on the dotty panel.

I made the larger flower from the Sweet Williams Die and added stamens from the new Build a Flower #1


The base of the card has the new Spring Flower Burst doily, and again I repeated the corners, flowers, stamen and the Queen Anne's Lace border die.



All the dies used on this card are:


I am entering this card in the below competitions:

Mos Digital Pencil 2 - Tickle My Funny Bone
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Anything Goes
CES Challenges - Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge - Make it girly
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes
I ♥ Promarkers - Anything Goes
Passion for Promarkers - Inspiration photo
Divas By Design - Lots of Pink - Hope this is enough pink, if not then please delete my entry :)


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I hope you find time to play along with our challenge.  There is also fabulous daily inspiration from the rest of the DT on the Cheery Lynn Designs Inspiration blog, and all the details of the gorgeous new releases can be found on the Cheery Lynn Designs website.

I will be back again tomorrow (twice!) so I hope you find time to pop back,

46 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautiful. Love the whole design. Loving those gorgeous handmade flowers (how about a tutorial on them?) hint, hint
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Mrs.B said...

Awww Alison, this is so gorgeous, beautiful us of those dies. I'm sure your sister will love it.
Avril xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous....what a great image.xxx

Sara H said...

Heehee =D This is brilliant!!! Love the funny and adorable image, I´m sure your sister is smiling while looking at it =)
Sooooo cute!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is absolutely brilliant Alison, it really made me smile, I love the image and the sentiments, the colours and layout are fab and those die cuts are really stunning, love everything about it, fab little story about you and your sister too, hope you are well
Lindsay xx

Lorraine said...

Another cracker Alison. I love the way you use the dies.

Denise said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the pretty papers, the dies, the great image and the really funny sentiment. Perfect.
Hugs
Denise xx

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, that image and sentiment are just priceless!!!!

Nikbee said...

This is gorgeous. I love the dies - the flowers are fab. The image and sentiments are fantastic.
Nikki x

Tine said...

Hiya Alison. :) Just one word for you today - 'brilliant'. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers too.
Tine :)

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Alison, Wow, what a brilliant image of two sisters by Mo! Your colouring is fantastic and what great sentiments too:) I love your wonderful flowers too Hugs, Teresa x

catherine said...

This is a super card Alison and such as weet sentiment and image
x catherine

Berry said...

Gosh Alison this is fab love the papers and your wonderful LO thanks for playing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Heidi said...

love the corners and the sweet williams. The image is so good, this was me and my sister too, but with us it was scissors hehe just like you. It grew back eventually lol. Hugs heidi x

Karen said...

Well what can I say Alison..... lol, as always this is just gorgeous and I love the image and colours and dies and everything..... Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

oh my word Alison!!!
LOVE THIS!!!

June Nelson said...

Thisis absolutely fantastic!! ive always loved this mos image and you have made a beautiful card with it xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Flowergirl said...

This is brilliant! What a great image and love you fab colours x
Wendy x

Gro said...

Beautiful card, and the image is super cute.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week.

Hugs :o)

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow alison what a beautiful card and those images are fun and great.

greetings karin

Pink Dandelion said...

A smashing, fun card Alison. Love it. Debs xx

Claire said...

This is just brilliant Alison, love the image, the sentiments made me chuckle and fabulous papers and flowers. Hugs, Claire x

Lorraine said...

Another gorgeous card - I love the flowers. Fab image too!
Lorraine x

Annette said...

I was reading the sentiment and thought 'Awwww' and then read the last bit !!! HAHAHAHA Love it.
Great card
Annette
xx

Pat said...

Oh Alison! This is hysterical! I seriously blew soda out of my nose when I read the sentiment!!! I may have to "borrow" that for a card for my own sister!! She would definitely laugh!! Your coloring is gorgeous...and I just love your DPs and colors and dies, and embellies! I really LOVE this card!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

coops said...

aw this is so gorgeous alison.the fun image is so sweet and your colours and design are fabulous :D

xx coops xx

An Occasional Genius said...

or an angry Mum, my girls would say lol! Alison this is gorgeous & those corners are very interesting, like those! Fab colours, fab image, all round fab hon xx

Lorraine said...

Back again with my 'official' hat on, lol. This is really super Alison. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Wendy said...

This is fabulous Alison, great image and sentiment and love all the gorgeous details.
Wendy xx

Dan said...

What a cute card! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Kim said...

This made me laugh because it is so true! The card is gorgeous but the sentiment is perfect!

Elaine L. said...

Fabulous card, Alison, and that sentiment is hilarious! May have to steal that one! So glad you shared tth us in Mo's Challenge.

cheryl said...

Oh hun this is brilliant oh that sentiment,sure put a smile on my face brilliant the layout papers,and the images are just stunning Hun love it,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card Alison, brilliant image and stunning details.
luv
Debby

Paula (PEP) said...

I had a chuckle too - not surprised you had a smile whilst creating this. Love the floral base you created for the easel & your use of white really gets the eye to focus on certain elements.
Paula (PEP)

Pauline said...

Another perfect beauty! Lovely image, and a great sentiment!
Love all the stitching, and the layout is wonderful.

Anna said...

Hi Alison!! This card is so cute and funny, Love the image and how you have coloured it. Love your papercombinations and all the lovely decorations.
There is so many new wonderful things you have made in the time I have'nt been able to visit your blog.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Lol!! Fantastic!! Brilliant image and sentiments!
xx

mixamatoasties said...

Rofl. Love it!

Susan x

Sarn said...

Brilliant card and I like the sentiment. xxx

Sue B said...

Aww what a fab card Alison! I LOVE the image and sentiment - it's brilliant! it really made me smile !! The papers and flowers are gorgeous and I love the colour combo!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

kbrandy4 said...

Beautiful card and fun image Alison!! Thank you for sharing with us at I ♥ Promarkers!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

PS. I have candy on my blog if you're interested!!
http://hazelshandmadecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2002/04/my-better-late-than-never-candy.html

Laney said...

Alison this is just fabulous!! love your image,colouring ,design and the sentiment is great too!
thanks for joining us at Diva's
hugs
laney

lis-m said...

oh my what a fab card.. just what i need for my sis! love the sentiment...
great take on the challenge.Thanks for joining us over at Passion for Promarkers this week. Good luck! x

Kimberly said...

Oh my this is absoloutely wonderful...image is fab..coloured perfectly, great design and all the added details are perfect..super fine card...thanks for joining us at PFP this week..www.justwordz.ca

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us this week at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...