Wednesday 25 January 2012

I ♥ Promarkers - Purple & Pink!



Not a card from me today! :)

Todays theme over at I ♥ Promarkers is Purple and Pink. . . . . . . . . . hmmm, so this had me stumped a bit, cos I am not a big fan of purpaidh (Gaelic for purple) :)  We are sponsored this week by the very generous  Digi Doodle Shop, and when I saw this Stargazer Lily image I thought it was perfect for the theme.

For a change I made a card wrap, letting my digi-die cutter do most of the work and using a downloaded design.  I sized it to 5 x 5 inches and inserted a piece of pale pink card inside to show the details of the cut.  The oval is a marianne die and I coloured and decoupaged the image several times for depth.   I chalked the edges and inbetween the cuts to soften it off a little.  The wrap tucks in at the top like an envelope, as the image secures the other 3 sections.  Easy peasy :)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I will be back again tomorrow with a card,

20 comments:

catherine said...

So beautiful and I love the colours
x catherine

Sara H said...

Oh wow! It´s so pretty ^^
The die cuts are really fabulous and what a beautiful flower!!!!!!! Just magnificent!
Have a great day =)

Anonymous said...

Oh wooow!!! So beautyful card, you have made magic with textures, I love it :)
Hugs Lilli xx

craftieodmae said...

absolutely breathtaking!!!!

Ivonne said...

So beautiful! The colors are lovely, so delicate!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the way the polka dot ribbon picks up the doily effect of your die-cut & the pollen of the Stargazer Lily. The stamens/anthers (never was any good at biology) are beautifully vivid & I love your wrap idea with its closure mechanism.
Paula (PEP)

Denise said...

Oh now this is just gorgeous. Love that card wrap and your colouring of the Lily is beautiful.
Hugs
Denise xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card alison.
love the flowers.

greetings karin

Unknown said...

Hi Alison, how beautiful is this! Just gorgeous, really gorgeous. Sarah

coops said...

wow this is stunning alison.the intricate background is beautiful and i love the image and delicate colours :D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful, lovely image.
Wendy xx

Suzilou said...

Oh WOW alison your die cutter is amazing, I soooo want one hehe. Love the image and gorgeous colours so pretty :) xx

Deb said...

wow, this is stunning. Love the die cut pattern and the lily is beautiful also!
Debxx

Heidi said...

This is gorgeous!
Beautiful design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Sue B said...

Wow this is beautiful Alison! what a great design! Love those gorgeous lilies!! :-))
Hope you are well
Love Sue xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Alison. Really love your card. The image is gorgeous and love the style of your card. Donna

Marion said...

OMG. Stunning card Alison. Love the wrap you cut out. Gorgeous lily image and great layering. Love it
hugs
Marion

Mrs.B said...

Alison this is stunning, love that Lily.
Re Card: cut 3 frames, score one in half, and 1/2" in from one end, I use 2 scallops, glue to base, proceed as normal. Let me know if this works.
Avril xx

Donna Mosley said...

Oh! wow Alison, this is so beautiful. Love the design and intricate cutwork. The image is so lovely and coloured perfectly. A Gorgeous make hun.

Donna x

Theresa said...

This is awesome!! I love the cuts and the lillies look so flawless.

Hugs,
Theresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...