Friday 14 May 2010

Sir Stampalot Challenge - Butterflies and Blossoms


To celebrate the end of my studies (though I still have an exam to take in 3 weeks), I allowed myself the luxury of making and entering 2 card challenges. A great way to relieve stress! :)


I have never entered the Sir Stampalot challenge before, but I love their website, and thought I would give it a go.
This month the theme is Butterflies and Blossoms, and there is a fab Tim Holtz compendium prize up for grabs....Woo!
I chose this magnolia stamp, as I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I am originally a Nottingham lass, and so anything to do with Maid Marian and Robin Hood rocks! (see pic of Richard Armitage as sexy Guy of Gisborne to the right >>>) (faint!) and this Magnolia really looks Maid Marianish to me! :)
I hand stitched the panel, used die cut leaves, and used an MS punch for the butterflies. Its also spritzed with Ranger Heritage Gold, so its quite shimmery but less bright IRL. K & Co, K'ology Hannah 6x6 pad, and rosebuds from stash.
Good luck to all the entries in this challenge.


8 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Great - real Robin Hood feel to this one with the leaves & all the detail with the rosebuds & butterflies is quite a treat. Hope all goes well with the exam.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Alison,
This card is beautiful. I love you have added the leaves and the stitching is fab.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

chris said...

Hello there Alison
wow this is very special, love this tilda she is adorable, especially the colours you have used, like the entwining leaves very clever.
hugs chris xx
thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month. good luck

pinky said...

This is just gorgeous Alison, love the leaves behind her, really adds to it. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Sally H said...

So pretty! Great colours! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

brenda said...

Hi there

Love the colours of this one and I think you have captured the Robin Hood feel brilliantly.

Hope the last exam goes well, it is such a stressful time, but the end is in sight.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Tracy said...

Very pretty, Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kathleen said...

A beautiful card, I love the colours and leaf detail.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...